Integrated IS-IS (Intermediate System to Intermediate System) is on the threshold of becoming the Quasi-Standard as IGP Routing Protocol for larger networks. Fully developed functionality as well as a high level of scalability offers significant benefits particularly in the enterprise and carrier area.
The workshop IS-IS explains the routing protocol starting with the standard functions, including the practical application right up to the tips and tricks for daily use in large networks.
Besides imparting specialized knowledge, the workshop also concentrates on the appropriate design approaches and migration strategies for existing networks.
- IS-IS overview and history
- Review link state protocol basics(topology exchange, hierarchies and shortest path first algorithm)
- Area concept
- Level 1 / level 2 routing
- CLNS addressing
- IS-IS basic configuration lab
- IS-IS packets (functions & encoding)
- Advanced IS-IS features (route leaking, IS-IS timers etc.)
- IS-IS design and migration strategies
- Advanced IS-IS configuration lab
Length of the workshop and previous knowledge:
The workshop has been designed for a length of 3 days. It is also possible to be tailored to your individual needs, of course.
The participants should have sound knowledge in TCP/IP as well as in IGP routing (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP).