The growing need for more bandwidth and the use of new services is making ever-greater demands on networks. "Mission Critical"- and Multimedia Applications such as Voice and Video need a different kind of handling than is possible in traditional "Best-Effort" data networks. Through the implementation of QoS it is possible to control bandwidths intelligently and to guarantee that the demands of the applications are met, primarily in the WAN range.
The workshop Quality of Service explains in detail about which technologies there are and where the different approaches can optimally be used.
- Basics / Diff-Serv vs. Int-Serv
- QoS Basics (Token Bucket, Packet Switching, Jitter & Delay, RTP)
- Diff-Serv Architecture
- Modular QoS CLI
- Classification / Marking / Metering (PBR, CAR, Class-based, NBAR)
- Policing / Shaping (CAR, Class-based, GTS)
- Per Hop Behaviour (PHB) Congestion Avoidance & Management
- Hierarchical Queueing Framework (HQF)
- Catalyst QoS
- Optimizing Voice over IP Services
- Connecting IP Phones
QoS in MPLS Networks Overview (Class of Service, Traffic Engineering)
Length of the workshop and previous knowledge:
The workshop has been designed for a length of 4 days. It is also possible to be tailored to your individual needs, of course.
The participants should have sound knowledge in TCP/IP as well as in IGP routing (RIP, OSPF, EIGRP). Additional experience in MPLS, IS-IS or BGP/4 may be required according to customers’ requirements.